I am doing this after so, so long. But I really need something good to happen in my life. The new year hasn’t been kind so far. So I am going to do something about it. And this is it!
For the uninitiated, here you go.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 8th and runs through Sunday, January 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 21 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Hop on and join me. Let’s read away.
It’s been really long since I participated in any read-a-thons on the blog, so here I go.
Hosted by Jennifer @ The Book Shelfery (formerly Bawdy Book Blog) and Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, for this read-a-thon you must read holiday themed or winter setting reads. Read-a-thon starts on November 6th 12:01 am (your time zone) and ends on November 11 at 11:59 pm(your time zone).
So here’s my goal post. I am already late in joining but hoping to read at least one book, if not more and tweet my progress using #HoHoHoRAT.
My TBR list
Pages I’ve read today: 19 + 25 + 18 = 52 pages
Total number of books I’ve read: 3 (short stories)
Pages I’ve read today: 219 pages
Total number of books I’ve read: 3
Pages I’ve read today: 146 pages and 50% through an audiobook
Total number of books I’ve read: 4 and a half
Even though I didn’t finish all my books, I think I did pretty good. And started a book that wasn’t on the list earlier. 🙂
Hosted by Vicky @ Books, Biscuits and Tea and Celine @ Nyx Book Reviews
- Review Copy Cleanup 3.0 runs from 1 to 28 February
- It starts and ends at midnight in your local timezone to avoid confusion
- To sign up, just fill in the linky here.
- The Linky will close on the 15th, so make you sign up before then.
- When you post your sign up post on your blog, either include the challenge button with your post or link it back to this article so that people know where to sign up.
- Every book you received for review counts towards the challenge, both e-books and hard copies (even audio books for review if you have those), including all genres and lengths.
- Feel free to use the #RCCleanup hashtag on Twitter for your RCC related tweets or join the Twitter party at http://tweetchat.com/room/RCCleanup and meet lots of awesome bloggers (:
- At the end of every week we will post our personal updates, and we’ll include a linky for you to add yours!
Yet again I’m participating in this readathon as I have loads of review books waiting. Are you joining me?
Alright, I participated in this Readathon during the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and managed to read
Can you keep a secret by Sophie Kinsella (400 pages)
The Last beginning by Rachel Firasek (107 pages)
and I started Last chance beauty queen by Hope Ramsay (20 pages)
Total pages read – 527 (I think that’s not bad, right?)
I had lots of fun doing all the challenges.
This week I am challenging myself to finish off some classics, I am choosing to ignore my poor, neglected textbooks. 😦